Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where to Find Sucker Making Supplies

Full of excitement I headed out with Jasper to buy some sucker molds and flavoring oil for our Valentine suckers.

Unfortunately we quickly found out that Michael's nor JoAnn's carry what we needed -- hard candy molds and flavoring.  I even called Wal-Mart and Smart and Final in a last ditch effort.

I was pretty disappointed because I was really looking forward to making these suckers with Jasper.


I did an internet search that night and found a little mom and pop store that is only 5 minutes from our house.

It's called Tempting Treasures on 30 South Water Street in Henderson.  They sells all kinds of candy making goodies and cake decorating supplies.  Their phone number is 564-5029.
 
We stumbled in the store on a very rainy Saturday morning.  They have some great molds for suckers and more candymaking supplies than I ever knew existed.

They have all kinds of cupcake and cake toppers and all kinds of doo-dads.

Jasper was very happy about his $1 large white chocolate heart shaped sucker.


Other than circles, we got football helmets, retro roller skates, kangaroos, butterflies and zoo animals

We ended up buying our sucker sticks and little plastic bags at JoAnn's because they were less expensive there.



LorAnn Oils sells the best flavoring oils, and the bigger the bottle you buy the better the price.  I found a few super deals on Amazon.com if you want to buy in bulk.

As I said in my previous post, I doubled the flavor that the LorAnn Oils recipe calls for.

LorAnn oils also has a great selection of the hard candy molds as well.

Let me know if you want to borrow our molds sometime.  We are happy to share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Thanks for the tip. We loved our suckers and the cute picture of Jasper. Thanks for thinking about us.

Nikki

Kandice said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog. Isn't this store the best, I am not a baker or cook at all but I loved all the cute things it has. I bought some cute things for the birthday cakes last month.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am full time wife and Mom. Jasper is my busy 3 year old who keeps us on our toes. I like to sew and craft and make our house a home. I love to be outside and play with my boys.