Thursday, April 12, 2012

RECIPE: Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad

Last night our ward recipe group theme was "summer salads" at Tenille Strode's home.  

Her mom made a Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad  that I am still swooning over.

I'm trying hard to cook with quinoa more, so I am always thrilled for a new quinoa recipe. 

This recipe and the above photo comes from VeggieBelly.com. 

Here's the link for the recipe, instructions and photos.












 Blueberry Mango Quinoa Salad

Cook 1/2 cup quinoa and let cool.

Fruits and veggies
½ cup fresh blueberries
½ cup cubed ripe mangoes (can substitute or add fresh pineapple)
½ cup cubed cucumbers
1/2 tablespoon dried cranberries

Lemon basil dressing
1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
10 Basil leaves, chopped finely
Salt and pepper

While the quinoa is cooking, combine the fruits in a bowl and refrigerate till you are ready to serve the salad.

Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the chopped basil. Refrigerate till you are ready to serve. Chop and add the basil to the dressing just before serving. If you add it earlier, it will go black.

Add half the dressing to the quinoa and mix gently.

Assemble the salad just before serving – toss the quinoa, fruits and cucumbers together. Serve other half of the dressing on the side. Serve  immediately.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am full time wife and Mom. Jasper is my busy 3 year old who keeps us on our toes. I like to sew and craft and make our house a home. I love to be outside and play with my boys.