Friday, July 25, 2008

Granpda Dick





My grandpa's name is Richard, but he goes by Dick. I am not sure why. Maybe because it is an alliteration with his last name.

This our 2nd visit to see him this summer. Since he lives on a mountain, the winter is a big no go for going to his house. I can remember one Christmas day walking up the road to his house with my family and all of our presents in tow in big trash bags. Boy, we were ambitious.

My grandpa has an amazing green thumb. He can grow anything. In addition to peaches, apples, tomatoes and cherries, he is currently growing green table grapes. On a mountain in Southern Utah. I had to take the photos to prove it.

My grandpa is a volunteer extraordinaire. He has coached more baseball, softball, t-ball and football teams than anyone I know. And he has the awards, trophies and plaques to prove it. His living room is a bit of a hall of fame. Included are his awards as former Beaver School Board President and member, and community service awards.

Each trip I do a living history on video and record my grandpa answering questions about his life and family. So since I was documenting, I figured his awards deserved their own photo shoot. Please note that this is only a small portion. I am serious.

Thanks for your example granpda Dick.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am full time wife and Mom. Jasper is my busy 3 year old who keeps us on our toes. I like to sew and craft and make our house a home. I love to be outside and play with my boys.