Tuesday, February 16, 2010

President's Day 2010 -- Redstone

Our good friends the Schroeder's planned a super fun outing to one of our favorite local spots, Redstone, in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.  

Mike said they all had a great time and that Jasper was hiking and scrambling up large rocks like a pro.  That night Jasper kept saying that he went up "high".  That's one of his favorite words these days.


I was so sad to miss the fun, but I had a sewing class that I had signed up for a long time ago and I felt like I needed to go since it was on garment sewing and I need to improve my skills.

After Jasper's nap we picked up his best friend Peyton Cropper and headed to Mission Hills Park.  Jasper's favorite slide has been broken for months and I keep hoping it will get fixed soon.  I have no idea how it was broken.  Mike thinks it looks like someone took an axe to the slide.  Scary!

Mike joined the boys for a couple of runs down the tube slides.  I asked him if he thought he might get stuck and he said, "yes".  Luckily we didn't have to pull him out like Winnie the Pooh when he got stuck in the 

Just to top off Jasper's best day ever we hit McDonald's for more playing and sliding.  The McDonald's on Horizon and Greenway has the same PlayLand as the one we went to in Lehi, the one that has steps that are too far apart.  Jasper found a nice little 8 year old girl that would pull him up the steps.  But when she left Jasper was stranded.

Mike came to the rescue and gave Jasper a boost or two.  He's such a great daddy!


1 comment:

lindsay said...

So cute Angela! Thanks so much for taking Peyton, he had so much fun with you guys! He just loves Jasper!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am full time wife and Mom. Jasper is my busy 3 year old who keeps us on our toes. I like to sew and craft and make our house a home. I love to be outside and play with my boys.