Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recovery

After 5 weeks of pregnancy, things have unfortunately come to an abrupt end for our little baby.

My friend Becky dropped me off at the St. Rose Sienna ER around 10 PM last night. I was bleeding and cramping really bad. I left the boys at home to sleep, as I suspected that we could have a long night and next few days ahead. Mike slept for 2 hours and Jasper slept the whole night through.

My hCG (pregnancy hormone) levels have not been rising as quickly as they should, which has caused my OB (Dr. Kenneth Jones) to suspect an ectopic pregnancy from day one.

My ultrasound in the ER confirmed that our baby was growing in my tube, right near my ovary. I was bleeding and things didn't look too good, so my OB came in and operated at 4 AM laproscopicly and terminated the pregnancy.

I feel very blessed that we caught things in time. I was able to keep my right ovary and tube. They are slightly damaged, but should heal almost completely.

I was so happy to see Mike and Jasper in the recovery room at 7 AM this morning. Jasper crawled onto the gurney with me. Hugs and kisses from both of my boys was just what I needed post-op. I am home now and resting.

Because we were worried about the viability of the pregnancy from the beginning, I chose to be open about the fact that I was pregnant. I felt like it would be easier to talk about losing the baby if my friends and family knew what was going on from the beginning.

Thanks again for your prayers and support.

13 comments:

Lindsey F. said...

Angela and Mike, I am so sorry for your loss. I to lost a baby boy at 22 weeks- I understand what a trial it is. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lindsey
lindseyf@att.net

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

I'm so sorry, Ang. I love you and you're in my prayers & thoughts.

Jill said...

Angie I am so sorry! This is a very hard experience. You are in my prayers. God speed to your speedy recovery. Sending our love.

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry, Ang. And as always, I'm impressed by your ability to be grateful even when times are hard. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Collette said...

I'm so sorry. I hope your recovery is quick and 100%. You are in good hands with Dr Jones (he delivered my 2nd and helped keep me from going into hysterics - I was very unstable) And I'm sure Mike and Jasper are helping and healing as well. I'll be thinking about you.

Jill said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. SO glad you caught it so soon and that there won't be any long lasting affects. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

summer c said...

I got the email too & just wanted to send our love. If you need anything just let us know. You are seriously such a genuinly kind and nice person. We loved having make as our home teacher and I loved all the goodies and kindness you always sent. Our thoughts and prayers are with you & please never hesitate to call if there is ever anything you need!

The George's said...

Hope you get feeling better soon. My cousin had the same thing a week ago and is doing better now. It was her 2nd eptoic, so they had to take her tube. You're in our prayers.

Danielle said...

I'm sure that you did not even know that I read your blog. I am so sorry to hear that! You are one of the sweetest and genuine people that I know and are a great attentive mother. My thoughts are with you.

K said...

Oh Ang, I'm so sorry.
I am always so impressed by your optimistic attitude, focusing on the blessings and joys of life.
Jasper is so precious, I love seeing the pictures you post of him. What a cute, cute little guy!
I'm glad Mike and Jasper are there. It must be fun hanging out with the boys.
I'm not close enough to run over there and hug you, but your family will be in our prayers.

Brian Miller said...

Sorry to hear. If anyone ever taught me about faith and recognizing blessings and keeping on, it was you. God bless you and your boys.

Taryn said...

Oh Angela, I am so sorry for your loss. Donovan and I have had fertility problems for the last four years. It is the most painful experience ever! I hope your body and heart recover and make sure your two boys especially the older one take good care of you.
Love from Norman.... Taryn

Kandice said...

Hi Angie - I just ran across your blog and read the news. I'm am so sorry for your loss. I know how devastating a miscarriage is, I had one right before we decided to adopt Chase. If you ever need anything let me know, you were there for me more than anyone after the girls were born. I think you are the best. Take Care. Kandice Wakumoto

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am full time wife and Mom. Jasper is my busy 3 year old who keeps us on our toes. I like to sew and craft and make our house a home. I love to be outside and play with my boys.