Wednesday, June 11, 2008

9 months and counting


Last Friday I took Jasper to see Dr. LaMotte for his 9 month check-up. Mike was scheduled to come, as he has done for every other well check. Mike had a client meeting come up a few days before the appointment, and I told Mike not to worry -- we would go alone. Besides -- this check-up did NOT involve shots. Of course we got there only to find out today was a blood draw AND they were going to give Jasper one of the shots they were out of last time. :>

Jasper is not really a big kid. When he was 3 months old he was a chunk-o, but he seems to have really thinned out. And now that is constantly on the go, I am sure he will stay long and lean. Mike and I always joke that pound for pound he is the most fit member of our family. :>

Here's Jasper's stats at 9 months plus 1 week:
27 1/ 2 inches long (10 - 25 percentile)
18 lbs 12 oz (10 - 25 percentile)
45 1/2 cm head circumference (50 - 75 percentile)

One thing that is nice about not being a BRAND NEW mom is that I have learned to not worry so much about things, including statistics. If you want to know how bad I was....I remember when the story came out about the 41 lb baby who was only 8 months old in China. This was right at the time when Jasper was a little double-chinned pork chop. So of course I wondered if Jasper was headed down the 41 lb. path. Silly new mom me!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am full time wife and Mom. Jasper is my busy 3 year old who keeps us on our toes. I like to sew and craft and make our house a home. I love to be outside and play with my boys.