Sunday, October 25, 2009

HOORAY for Banana Mini Muffins -- 100% Whole Wheat & Low Fat



I made these mini-muffins for my friends who ran the RAGNAR race and everyone has requested the recipe.

It is one of the few recipes where I can use 100% wheat flour that I grind and it still tastes great!

Here's the where the original recipe comes from.  I add All Spice and Cinnamon.

Banana Mini Muffins
4 T margarine (or butter), softened
¼ cup applesauce
2 eggs (or 2 T. Dehydrated Eggs +1/4 C. Water)
2 T skim milk
¾ Cup packed light brown sugar
1 Cup mashed banana (2-3 medium bananas)
1 ¾ C Whole Wheat Flour
2 t baking powder
½ t baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 tsp all spice (optional)
¼ t salt (optional)
¼ Cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)


Beat margarine, applesauce, eggs, milk, and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until smooth.

Add banana and blend at low speed; beat at high speed 1 to 2 minutes.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice and salt; mix into batter. Mix in nuts.

Pour batter into mini muffin pan, . Bake at 350ยบ F for 12-14 minutes.  ENJOY!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Okay...so I was just getting ready to use up some bananas and thought I would do cookies. I ran to check my email before starting and there was your recipe for the muffins! Thanks tonz, Ang...you are my gem. Much healthier than cookies. Love ya. Mom Goodwin

tiffany garfield photography said...

These look SO good! I'm making them tomorrow! The pic of Jasper is super cute and I love your header photo! :) I'm going to have to add you to my automatic updates. -twink :)

Rachelle said...

I love the new header photo. It is spontaneous and fun and captures a great moment. Thanks for the recipe. They are delicious.

trisha said...

What a cute family picture! Where did that come from?

Cami said...

Yum! Can't wait to try them.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am full time wife and Mom. Jasper is my busy 3 year old who keeps us on our toes. I like to sew and craft and make our house a home. I love to be outside and play with my boys.